The air outside is crisp and the weather cooling. Fall is here. That lead me to wonder where did summer go? Is it just me or did it seem to fly by in a flash? Time is something that we can't go back and recover...it just keeps marching forward and we had better keep up. I was reading an article online where it listed the top five reasons for wasting time.
- Television. Now I can honestly say this is not one of my downfalls. We rarely watch TV as we have a subscription to Netflix. Scheduled movie time..and not very much unless we want to relax.
- Commuting. That's a super easy one that doesn't fit the bill here either. Living in a small town and working online means not sitting in a car for an hour every day.
- Lack of skill. This was a bit humorous to me as I rarely tackle something that I don't understand what I'm doing. I certainly am not going to attempt tiling a bathroom when I know it isn't my forte.
- Being tired. Now we're getting somewhere. Seems that if we're tired, we don't perform to our maximum capacity. Oh yeah, this one hits home. I have a tendency to work when I'm tired, wasting time trying to perform when I'm physically unable to operate at my full potential. I hear naps calling me!
- Internet browsing. This is a biggie for me. Running an online business, I spend the majority of my hours in a day on the internet. Not really wasting time as it is for work, but I do get side tracked at times. Let me correct that...LOTS of times!