A Small Town Celebration

There's something about a small town when it comes to celebrations. Everyone comes out of the woodwork for a fun filled day. Our small town...and I mean small..was having their annual Apple Fest Celebration..here's a glimpse at some of the festivities.

All the stores decorate...

A parade wouldn't be complete without the horse drawn buckboard with a cowboy at the reins..

Even the local businesses have their floats...

A miniature version of an old stagecoach inn that is still operating...

Homemade baked goods are always a hit...

Even the crafters sport their wares...

A furrier demonstrates his craft...

You've got to have bed races done by all ages...

Apple pie eating contest...turns out it was whipped cream and you needed to locate the gummy bear amidst the white foam. Oh...to be young again!

This little sweetie sums up the feeling of just about everybody that was there...lots of smiles!

Just a little insight into the small town life! Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Snap said…
How wonderful! I love fairs. Pie eating. Last night at the baseball game it was macaroni and cheese eating! Too much fun!
Relyn said…
Don't you just love life in a small town? I loved this peek into yours.
amyg said…
My dad grew up in Malad, Idaho -- a tiiiiiiny little town. But, boy, did they know how to throw down for the 4th of July! You're photos remind me of those happy summer celebrations. Thanks!
Liss said…
This looks like a lot of fun and those floats look serious business. I want to enter the pie eating comp )
Elizabeth said…
This looks such wonderful fun!
Rose said…
I love reading your blogs! Always something to smile about.
Next year I am taking my family to the festival. I have to admit, I do not know where Fullerton is, but it can't be that hard to find the path from Rolla!
Alicia: Thanks for the glimpse into small town America. It looks so safe, peaceful and relaxing. Did you have a float or a booth to display your wares?

I went into downtown Montreal today, and could not wait to leave and get back to the space and beauty of our outlying, country town. Nice to have the city close by when you want it, however. It does offer many things you just never find in a small community.
Renee said…
I have never lived in a small town and don't really know that sense of community.

Love Renee xoxo
Chrisy said…
It looks like something out of a movie! I wouldn't mind giving the bed racing a twirl!
Barbara said…
How adorable! That kind of community feeling is a mere fantasy here in Southern California. Thanks for sharing it with us!
drollgirl said…
how fun!!! there is NOTHING like this where i live (in los angeles)! it is cute to see it, and i would not mind attending. i would need to pet that horse and get some of those baked goods, for sure!
Alisa said…
I so agree!

Even though our town has grown quite a bit, there is still that close knit feeling during town events.
I have always been fascinated by life in a small town. I think it would be wonderful! Being an urban girl, I've always dreamed about living in the country or a small town - assuming it is a friendlier place than the big city. It looked like a fun day!
Vicky said…
Wow, a celebration like that really encompasses all of the people of the town! So great to see communities with such a strong spirit to them such as this one. Thanks for the peek inside :)
TheChicGeek said…
How cool, Alicia! I want to live in a small town...it looks so wonderful :D

Have a Happy Day!
Alicia,
Fullerton, North Dakota, looks like such a special place. How much fun it must be to have a fair and be part of a fair! You are a very lucky lady to live there and be part of the warm, friendly community.
Emmy said…
That looks small town living look wonderful! I grew up outside of Chicago, but I grew up in a town that even as they grew tried to pretend they were small still. So for many years it had that small town feel.
A Palmer said…
What fun this must have been!

Popular Posts