Boylerpf

25 June 2009

Wordless Wednesday..Runaway Thursday!

My wordless Wednesday turned into just that...wordless here in blogland! Why is it there are just some days that run away from you? You are left with no time and feel like you've been doing a gazillion things and accomplishing nary a one? Well...that was Wednesday and today is Thursday and I vow NOT to have another runaway. So...on to some blogging thanks..of which I owe so many more but will save that for another post.

The ever fabulous Judy over at Judith B Designs graciously awarded me the Premio Meme Award. Let's just say she made my runaway day a guilty pleasure!

The rules of the award are to give 7 facts about myself...(I know..it should be wordless) and pass this on to 7 other lucky winners. So here we go...
  1. I can't hear out of one ear and have no clue why. No fooling. I'd like to think that I have too much brain power that it's clogged but I know better. My kids will attest, I DO have eyes in the back of my head! See...that's really 2 things here!
  2. One of my favorite pets that I have ever owned that made me cry with laughter at their antics...get ready and don't be saying eewww too quickly..was a ferret. We actually had two. Oh yeah, they have a musky smell and I know they're rats to some, but these guys know how to enjoy life. Sleep 20 out of 24 hours and during the 4 hours of wake time, it's pure "pedal to the medal" energy!
  3. I am a proficient seamtress. Never use a pattern. We had to make our own clothes growing up, patterns were way too expensive and I did have weird taste in designs.
  4. Now to go along with #3, I designed, sewed and ran a haute couture line of little girls dresses. I loved working with silks and satins and making them little princesses!
  5. Now you're really going to gag...I snack on prunes all day. Not for the reason you're thinking, but because they are super good for your bones and I love em'!
  6. I just did something I swore I would never do. If you think I'm going to tell you a dirty little secret..guess again! I signed up for Twitter. Egads! Am I a fish out of water!!
  7. I gave two in the first...I do like to cheat sometimes!!
So now you've learned way more about me than you wanted to know. Thanks, Judy!
So passing this meme on:
Stage 3! Who, me?
Thoughts by Dena
Some Like It Vintage
Is It Just Me?
NodtoMod
A Memory Forever
Hello Lindello

I can't wait to read some really nitty gritty details from these great bloggers!

If you tuned into Audrey's blog Stage 3! Who, Me?, you'll know that I am saying the famous word from Waynes World "we're not worthy!". Audrey awarded this blog the Uber Amazing Blog award. One amazing lady who has been dealt a tough hand, her blog will inspire you, make you laugh and leave you feeling positive every time you visit. Seriously...go have a good read. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Uber (synonym to Super) Amazing Blog Award is a blog award given to sites who:
- Inspire you
- Make you smile and laugh, or maybe give amazing information
- A great read
- Has an amazing design
- Any other reasons you can think of that make them Uber amazing!

The rules of this award are:

- Put the logo on your blog or post.
- Nominate at least 6 blogs
- Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to this post and to the person you received your award from.

I'm bowing down here, Audrey! Way to make my day!!

Here's some Uber Amazing blogs you will enjoy:
Cottage Garden Studio
Worlds End Farm This and That
Lenorenevermore
Drollgirl
Oz Girl
Tales From Twisty Lane

Six just isn't enough! I get so lost everyday reading blogs that I thoroughly enjoy. This can get to be an addiction for sure!!
Now I'm off to figure out this twitter business and try to move into this century. They say it is a good thing, but what do I know? I don't even own a cell phone!!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

20 comments:

Sandra said...

I also enjoy prunes, but I don't eat them everyday! I have a limited sense of smell, so with your hearing we would make quite a pair.: ) Ferrets are cute but I think the greyhound would think them lunch!

I am overwhelmed, as I see I have been awarded. My cup is overflowing! Thank you so much.

Lover of Life/ Nancy said...

Loved learning more about you. You certainly sound very talented - sewing without a pattern? I think I would need one for an apron. Hope you have a smell the roses kind of day. Congrats on all the awards!!

High Desert Design Council said...

Congrats on the awards and for having one of your posts chosen for post of the day on David's blog

Sarah said...

Ohhh thank you hon!!! I love it!!!!
Your seven...so interesting..you can sew!!! I'm so jealous, I can quilt and craft sew...never did clothing!! The ferret, love them but I have a very sensitive nose and the smell bothers me - wicked cute though!!
Psssstt...I love prunes..shhhhh..I have not done Twitter yet...am holding out -yikes... Great seven!!
Namaste, Sarah

Rue said...

Hi Alicia :)

It's always great to learn more about our blogging friends! I wish I could sew, but I'm in a fight with my sewing machine ;)

rue

Marbella Designs said...

Congrats! Nice to get to know you. I wish I had your talent for sewing, how fun!

Hello Lindello said...

Thanks for the award! I'm pumped to get going on it! I too like prunes...the dried sticky ones. Yum!

drollgirl said...

ferrets?!?!? PEDAL TO THE METAL?!?!? OHMYLORD that sounds awfully entertaining!

and you can sew without a pattern?!?! you are just amazing!!!

and thank you for giving me an award. you are way too nice to me, especially when i subject you to my horrifying posts (today's was a doozy, no?hahhahahah).

thank you again. :)

Judy said...

I really can't say eewwww at the ferret since I did raise 2 baby squirrels, although the squirrels were not stinky.
I love learning these new tidbits...

Liss said...

Too funny Sandra gave me the same award.

Thank you, thank you. It is really nice to read my name.

A seamstress that is interesting. My mum is a wonderful sewer and creates her own patterns. I don't bother as I can never match that. She'll have to teach her skill to my daughter.

I don't feel I have time for twitter heck I hardly check my facebook account. Have fun twittering.

Audrey said...

Alicia, you so deserve both awards and many, many more! I love your blog - I look so forward to reading it everyday. Some days, you take us on crazy roller coaster days, and other days you are talking about disgusting, I mean DELICIOUS prunes ;) I love the variety and wit of your blog. And, clever girl, sewing without a pattern! YIKES! I can't sew WITH a pattern - I will blog about that one day. Sewing is only slightly better than my knitting!

Thank you SO much for the award and the lovely words, I appreciate both very much, and I am humbled.

Amariah said...

It took me awhile to figure out the 'point' of Twitter.. It's actually a neat idea..kind of like being in a ginormous chat room!

Amariah said...

It took me awhile to figure out the 'point' of Twitter.. It's actually a neat idea..kind of like being in a ginormous chat room!

Snap said...

Thank you, Alicia! I'll try to be worthy. Congratulations on your awards. I enjoyed your list of 7 things about yourself. I love prunes. I used to volunteer at a Petting zoo -- the ferrets were one of my favorites. So much fun. I'm not tweeting ... yet. I'm not face booking either. Blogging keeps me busy and I can't imagine taking the time to do something else! Have fun, take notes and let us know how Twitter goes.

Junkin' Yaya said...

Hey darlin!

thanks for the "plug" on the give away! :)

Congrats on your award! Very well deserved!!!

xo...deb

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Sewing without a pattern takes one good-fabulousss expertise dear!...Thank you so much for the Award darling!!! ~BIG XO*

Some Like it Vintage said...

Congratulations on your award! And THANK YOU for nominating my blog! The ferret section was hilarious - I've never known that about them. I've posted my 7 details if you want to have a peek. Have a great weekend Alicia, and thank you again!
xoxo

TheEclecticElement said...

Congrats on both of your awards!!
You deserve them :D

Oz Girl said...

Wow, thanks for my Uber amazing blog award! :) Thanks for the mention, truly.

Good luck with twitter - I've been on for a few months now and find it can be as addictive as blogging. I gave up on Twitter with my first foray, but gave it a 2nd chance. I do want to keep up with technology! :)

(My twitter handle is GirlTornado)

The Cottage Cheese said...

Much-deserved awards! Your sewing talents are so cool. I wish I could sew. Perhaps someday...