Boylerpf

13 April 2009

Monday's Picks...Decadent Fringe Bibs!


The runway season was full of gaudy, decadent fringe bib necklaces from all the designers. Not as if that makes them special as these beauties have always withstood the marching of time. Even as far back as the Victorian days, huge bib style necklaces have been the rage and continue to be today. During war time and minimalism, fringe bibs were made of celluloid and plastic which carried through to the 50s and onward. Great worn with jeans and a t-shirt or to dress up something simple, fringe bibs will always stay the course of evolving fashion.

Enjoy a few of my favorites!

19 comments:

Karen Gill hidingplacebeadery.etsy.com said...

Lovely!

Judy said...

Very extravagant!

littlebyrd said...

Very pretty! I have a vintage silver beaded collar necklace that I looove to wear. It isn't quite as elaborate as these but still make statement!

Tanielle said...

I love those! Wish I was fancy enough to wear them!

Have a great Monday!

Tanielle

Rachele said...

Thanks for featuring "The Seductress" she was so much work to make, but most of all she was fun to create.

High Desert Diva said...

I've never heard necklaces referred to this way, but it is very appropriate!

Enchanted Beads said...

Stunning pieces!

Marbella Designs said...

Beautiful, I love the Enamel Egyptian style necklace

Sarah said...

Oh wow - these are fun!! Kinda remind me of Hopi jewelry! I'm not a wearer of BIG jewelry - but these I might just wear - -espec. the first one!!! Hugs, Sarah

Xazmin said...

Now THAT is some bling! How do you think it will look with my sweats? Complete with dirty top that my daughter wiped her face on?

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Gorgeous!

BeadsForever said...

All of them are fantastic creations! Loved the Seductress!

LENORENEVERMORE said...

pure decadence darling...
love the 2nd fm last very much!

NODtoMOD said...

ohhh! they are all nice but my favs are the 2nd and 3rd...huge and gaudy...love it! xo

Sandra said...

I love them!

drollgirl said...

these are so cool, especially #4!!!!

Swell Vintage - Frankie said...

Wow, I love all of these! x

V---'-@ said...

Very inspiring pieces. And a lovely blog. I will have to come back and read more thoroughtly and look more closely so that I can be inspired to imrpove my own.

:)

Patricia

The Cottage Cheese said...

Impressive! I'm too much of a wall-flower to carry off large jewelry pieces, but I love the beaded ones and the Egyptian necklace in particular.