Boylerpf

22 April 2009

I Need A Dose of Activated Brown Fat

Looking for that new diet? What if you had a special kind of fat in your body that burned calories instead of storing them—and it could be activated simply by spending time in the cold? Oh...I have the one up here living in the frigid climate we do.

According to three studies published in New England Journal of Medicine, we all have some form of brown fat. Babies, young children and small animals use brown fat to stay warm in low temperatures. Supposedly, older people don't retain this brown fat but they have found that we do...yippee!

So if you're looking for an easy way to loose weight, lower that thermometer, shed your clothes (that may lead to another exercise ;D ), and dive into a pool of frigid water..xnay that other exercise now!

Happy Earth Day!!

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

I think I would rather be fat and warm than skinny and cold! I don't like being cold...

Kierstin Bridger said...

The cartoon is so funny I bought a white purse recently which means I AM DONE WITH WINTER! It is lingering like that last 10 lbs!Love the mod bangle below too!

Jazzy Jemz said...

They were talking about this on the View. I don't know about it...seems to good to be true. Fat helps you if its on the right areas of your neck and spine?

Judy said...

I am always cold...how come I'm not skinny??

drollgirl said...

i think i must have all types of fat that are available. wah.

Fragrant Liar said...

Oh so that's why I'm cold all the time. I'm getting -- er, old. Shit.

NODtoMOD said...

hmmm very interesting! i hate cold weather but would stay in it to shed some pounds!;)

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Brrr - I don't like being cold!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Funny post all around :) Cute cartoon and great exercise tip :)

Oliphe Butarbutar said...

What a cute little boy :D

kel said...

poo... that will never work for me. I am always hot! I hardly ever wear a jacket...

love your blog, btw!

Sandra said...

I've spent my life in a frozen land and I'm as wide as tall. I must only have beige fat!

Britwife said...

The only skinny part of me is my feet. Funny, they're always cold too!

TheEclecticElement said...

Interesting. I don't think I have heard of that before.
That's something to investigate though! :D