Had Your Flu Shot Yet?

I'm pretty lucky when it comes to health issues but the question always arises come flu season, "Should I get a flu shot?" So a little research found out what exactly the flu shot contains. Here are a few of the ingredients:
  1. Chicken Embryos
  2. Live flu virus
  3. Formaldehyde
  4. Ether
  5. Detergent
  6. Mercury
  7. And lastly...NO FROGS
One in a million people...that's pretty high odds...contract a debilitating disease called Guillain-Barré Syndrome which causes nerve dysfunction and extreme muscle weakness. Though the odds are high, it's not realistic to think that the ingredients in a flu shot can cause severe neurological damage in a small percentage of the population while leaving everyone else completely uninjured. The good part is, the flu season is pretty much over so you have a whole year to decide!

Hmmm...for now, I think I'll pass.

Comments

I never know if I can believe anything written said or sung on april fool's day! I do avoid flu shots...just out of good old fashioned stubborness and suspicion!
Sandra said…
I don't know if it's a joke or not, but I've had one flu shot in my long life. And my arm was twisted way up for that one.
Lindsey said…
No frogs!? Well count me out then. I need a flu shot with some frog in it.
Posh Adornment said…
Keep in mind that mercury is considered the most toxic substance on the earth and is believed to be responsible for massive vaccine damages in childred and adults alike.

When I was in my alternative healthcare practice I had hundreds of vaccine damaged children as patients and several adults who insisted, in spite of my advice to have flu shots. Three of them died from acquiring the flu as a result of the shot and thereafter becoming septic.

Good idea to avoid this junk!
Jazzy Jemz said…
My sister just got the flu. Poor girl feels like she is dying. Next year she will probably get the flu shot. I myself have never gotten one, although I am pro-vax
Eeewwww! I'm with you, PASS!

Of course, I usually pass anyway, but this reinforces the decision!
TheChicGeek said…
Interesting post. I never realized so many yucky things were in there. The only time I got deathly ill was when I got the flu shot so I try to stay away and just live healthy!
Happy April Fool's Day!
drollgirl said…
i haven't ever gotten a flu shot. ever. and after reading this, i sure won't!!!!
Hello Lindello said…
I never get one, and so far I've been lucky!
I've had a flu shot every year for the past 12-15 years... guess it's the luck of the draw since I've never had any negative results.... Why do they put mercury in it? I need to read up on this junk.

Call me lucky
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
littlebyrd said…
I also had the flu shot just once and got really sick following it. I did get a really horrible flu a couple of months ago and it was almost enough to make me want to get flu shots every year. Then my doctor told me that often they end up only being like 30% effective for the population - not great stats.
Alisa said…
LOL.
I've never had a flu shot and, knock on wood, haven't had the flu for... well, I don't remember the last time I had the flu.
Shadow said…
lucky you, flu season's starting here. but i'll pass. i don't do injections voluntarily. so i guess i'll just eat a whole lotta oranges...

Popular Posts