First Impressions

Nancy Dell-Ollio
It seems that every spring I want to change something and it usually means cutting off my long hair. Ok...so I'm not any Dell-Ollio with the hair but the tresses are long. Gratuitous here...I was one of those old (way old...) Breck Girls and we aren't talking about being a John Edwards girl. I read once that a woman always gravitates back to her original hair style she had in high school. Now that's a bad hair day!!

So I asked my DH what he thought would look good.
His reply.."Hon,' I don't see the hair, the first thing I see are the eyes". He's a romantic.


For me, when I meet someone the first thing I look at are the hands. They can really tell a story.


So I posed the question to my daughter, NodtoMod...way younger than me btw...
What's the first thing you notice when you meet someone?
NodtoMod: "Easy...I look at the shoes. If I don't like them I know we aren't compatible in the style department." My other daughter had met a guy and the first thing she said was, "Mom...he wore great shoes!" What the heck? I'm really out of touch here.

What's the first thing you notice when you meet someone?

Tomorrow I'll be posting a fabulous...well I think it is...giveaway for a piece of Art Deco jewelry. Y'all check back in!

Comments

briannelee said…
I always notice someone's smile and eyes first. "Eyes are the window to the soul" :)
The first thing I look at are the teeth and second their hands. I"m a stickler for clean teeth.
Lindsey said…
I honestly can't say what I notice first. I guess it's the complete appearance - clothing, hair, etc. I just notice the person as a whole.
Sarah said…
Is that your eye??? What an amazing color!! I think I look at the eyes - then the size - lol I do like my men big - mine guy is 6'3" and about 250.
Whoo hoo a giveaway - I'll be back - I adore your wonderful pieces!!! Namaste, Sarah
LENORENEVERMORE said…
I notice eyebrows...should be well groomed, this applies to both man & woman...nose is important too, no nostril hair peeping out & say 'hello' to me! ;)
Sandra said…
I'm in so much trouble. My hands are swollen, arthritic crone hands. My feet are in bulky work boots, really not attractive!

I cut over a foot of hair of earlier this year. I got tired of the stuff. I don't know what I notice first. There are some days where I'm lucky if I notice anything at all. : )
Britwife said…
Shoes. Weird, huh? Especially considering that I hate to shop and personally people would probably hate ME because I usually wear Crocs....
I'll never forget that Mr. Britwife had Italian black leather shoes with silver enhancement thingies on them when I met him. :)
Julia said…
I have to say, I look at the shoes too :)
The shirt. This may sound as weird as "shoes" but if a guy can't be bothered to put on a shirt that fits well, what else can't he be bothered with?

Though, this probably sounds fairly conceded...
drollgirl said…
oh, this is too cool. i like to think i take it all in, but now i am not positive. eyes, clothes, hair first, and maybe, just maybe shoes if the rest is looking good. :)
Hello Lindello said…
Shoes are important! They say a lot about someone. My mom recently started dating and I can usually tell what type of guy he is by his shoes. I tend to notice height and style first.
Hi sweetie!

Thanks for stoppin' by the yaya! Cute post!!! :) I first see their "attitude" in the way they approach. make sense? :)

xo...deb
Judy said…
Great post....I always notice the smile (good teeth are key) and the eyes, not so much the color but the sparkle.
Barb and Steve said…
Eyes first, then behind :-)
Alicia said…
I notice the eyes... whether or not they can make eye contact - says a lot. And the smile, too.
...love Maegan said…
what an adorable post ..it's the eyes for me too.
AndreaLeigh said…
i look at people's shoes as well. and I always notice people's teeth. when I was dating, bad teeth were a total turn off for me.
I'm Julia said…
The eyes have it :-)
alamodestuff said…
Personality and humor. If that doesn't exist I tend to move on.

I have gone between long and short hair for years. I'm currently trying to grow my short hair.
I notice shoes also! So funny! You can tell a lot about a person by their shoes I think!
I love the shoe thing! Lol
Too funny :D
I think the first thing I notice about a person is their energy.
It's a little weird I know, but I'm very sensitive to those things and that's my first impression.
I can tell right away if I like a person or if I don't.

Popular Posts