Boylerpf

29 April 2009

Dorkdom here I come....

So today I'm heading off to the big city...there really isn't one here in this area but it sounds good. After a year of arguing with these two little gremlins that sit on my shoulder, I'm going to finally cut off all the locks. One gremlin..the little angel one...says just a trim please. The other one...the "who really gives a damn" devil...says chop it off and bleach it! You have to understand...it has been a year and for a good reason. Hairdressers out here turn women into Stepford Wives...they all come out looking the same. I have yet to find one that looks at your face, listens to your lifestyle and cuts with total ease to give you that perfect hairstyle. So for today...a new hairdresser and who knows what will walk out of the place. I've heard that a bad haircut is only two weeks away from a good one. Today...I'm entering dorkdom!

Today is the last day to enter for the giveaway and don't be shy if you've posted a comment. You can certainly add another...just click on the pretty purple necklace in the sidebar and say "I'm in!" Ms. Dork here will be back around 4 this afternoon (central time) and I'll post the lucky winner!! Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

15 comments:

AntiqueAttic said...

Hey Im not sure where you live but I like the Gene Juarez Salons in WA they are Fabulous and do just what your talking about. If I had a plane I would fly from Texas to get my hair done there. The other salon I like is the Tangerine Salon they do a pretty good job.

Sarah said...

Ackkkk - I feel that way too! The cat looks like it has a rattlesnake for a tail!!! I hate the fact that whenever I get my hair cut - a new hairdresser does it just perfect....the first time! But after that - forget it - dork city!!! Hopefully you will have a great hair day today!! Hugs, Sarah

briannelee said...

Good luck w/ the hair appointment!!!

littlebyrd said...

Oh - good luck!! You will have to post a before and after :)
It is nerve racking, haircuts. But also kind of fun and exciting. All this is reminding me I need to make my own appointment.

SoDear2MyHeart said...

All Hail the Queen of Dorkdom!!! We've been searching for a fearless leader since they opened up "Beulah's Bangin' Braids" here locally...We only wish "Stepford" was in vogue...it's more like "Stumbleford" here. I'm sure you'll look smashing...whatever the outcome! Think positively...in a little bitty town like yours there's not THAT many people to see you! LOL! Hugs!

sassyglassdesigns said...

Good luck with the haircut. I had the same hairdresser for 20 years and when I moved, it was a nightmare trying to find the right haircut. I finally found a gal that does a great job.

vicki archer said...

Good luck with the hair day - I am sure it will be fabulous, xv.

clairedulalune said...

Good luck with your hair dresser today, bring a megaphone you and demand to be heard!

jarvenpa said...

Good luck with your hairdresser. I sooo know what you mean. Of course, my hair, which I cut myself, has that "hamsters escaped their cage again and were hungry" look.
But I'm in eccentric northern cali and can get away with it.

Jazzy Jemz said...

Hairdresses are tough for me to find one that listens to me before picking up the scissors. I have had botched perms, dyes and cuts in my 25 years. Sometimes it is best to research and bring photos! Can't wiat to see the new do!

Poke Salad Annie said...

hair cuts are so exciting! such an opportunity to start anew; to reinvent yourself. i say chop it all off and bleach it :D have fun and best of luck!

Britwife said...

Ok, so how dorky are you? :)

I hate having my haircut - but I hate having long hair too. I can't win.

The last time I had a good haircut was 20 years ago - in BELGIUM! Maybe it's time to check out how much a flight there would be....

Judy said...

I know just what you mean...I didn't have my hair cut for the longest time (fell out of love with my old hairdresser) and I started looking pretty ratty so I too took the plunge and just went to someone new and you know it was a pretty good cut and he listened to me!!.
Hope it went well.

The Cottage Cheese said...

Did you go for it? I have to live vicariously through you. I'm growing my hair out for my wedding (I've decided that Florida humidity will require an up-do). I'm sure by autumn I'll be ready to go back to my shoulder-length bob, or perhaps shorter. You are gorgeous, so no matter what length/style you choose will look beautiful.

Sandra said...

I had over 12 inches of hair cut off this year. I am also totally gray and I allowed myself to be talked into trying a temporary color. I'm glad I got rid of the hair, and it's a toss-up on the color. Enjoy the adventure.