Boylerpf

19 March 2009

I Need Your Help, Please...


Calling all you out there that may know someone or have something similar lurking around in your thrift store jewelry finds!!!


I sold this lovey Edwardian Czech necklace last week and the lady has a wee bit larger neck than the necklace measures. Not surprising as the women back then were super tiny with wrists measuring 6" at best and neck circumference of 12-13"! Hmmm...must be all the corn we're eating now! All that aside, I am looking for an open link that is similar to the one in this piece. Or even a flat ribbed chain..not very long. I'd settle for just about anything that might work! For the life of me, I have searched high and lo and it finally dawned on me to throw it out there in the blogosphere and see if anyone might be able to help. Just leave a comment or send an email along. I will be totally at your mercy!

Thanks all and get ready...Spring is finally here!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Hmmmm have you tried Esty or Ebay?
Sarah

Posh Adornment said...

I have some different brass chains here Alica that I can make you an extender for this. It won't match but will make a nice looking extender and will coordinate. I always keep a batch of chains handy for this purpose. Let me know if you want me to do so. How long? Susan

Lindsey said...

Wow, that is a beautiful necklace. Good luck in your search!

drollgirl said...

what a spectacular necklace!! so sorry i don't have anything to help you. i have the same problem with a lot of my grandma's vintage jewelry and always have to add extensions to make them look right!

good luck!!!

It's Just Me said...

our stores are full of plastic crap - sorry

alamodestuff said...

That's a tough one. I'll look through my goods.

AntiqueAttic said...

They are called neck extenders go figure with the name. Anyhow I know that Nordstrom carries them in a flat gold chain and they are only an inch long to inch and half. So try searching ebay if you haven't already with Neck extender see what you get.