Boylerpf

24 February 2009

Coolest Job

Don't get me wrong...I love my job. Selling antique jewelry, being able to touch it and most of all, the thrill of the hunt. But then again, I have often thought it would be cool to work with the costume department on a movie...especially the accessory part. Take for instance this pendant used for a necklace. A similar one was purchased at Tadema Galleries for Nicole Kidman in the movie The Golden Compass. A Jugenstil Plique a Jour necklace...thousands of dollars. How great it would be to find some of these pieces and purchase them...on someone else's dollar!!


And now, totally off the track of what I actually do...take John Harrison, the official ice cream taster for Edy's Grand Ice Cream. Now that is a cool job...all pun intended. His tongue is insured for a cool million dollars. To make sure his tongue is up to snuff, he stays away from spicy foods, alcohol and smoking. Ok...so tasting the 180 million gallons of ice cream would be fine...although I would definitely develope a five acre spread..., but I think I'd have to pass on the requirements...no fun there! Ahem...I like spicy foods!

Alicia

boylerpf
Boyle Antique & Vintage Jewelry

5 comments:

emmasgemsvintage said...

Those sound like great jobs! Where can I apply?

drollgirl said...

that pendant is just gorgeous! and i'd sure like to be an icecream taster!

Chrisy said...

Oooh you can have the costume job and I'll have the icecream tasting one...fair I think...

High Desert Diva said...

One of the things I like best about decorating is spending other people's money on beautiful things...

The ice cream man...no spicy food, no alcohol...no fun.

TheChicGeek said...

I agree it would be so much fun to be a costumer and purchase fantastic things on somebody else's dollar. I love ice cream...now that's a great job :)